1. Hook: A brief description of ADHD/ADD and their effects on people. Many people are actually diagnosed with ADHD, but there are many ways to mask the symptoms.
2. Thesis: Deciding whether to place a child on ADHD medication may be difficult, but the benefits of using medication greatly outnumber the minor side effects that a child may feel while on the medication.
3. Implications: What are the positive and negative effects on people of different ages taking ADHD medication, long-term and short-term? What age can a child be properly diagnosed with ADHD?
II. The Background Behind ADHD Symptoms
1. A brief description of the characteristics of the three main symptoms of ADHD.
III. ADHD Treatments (separated into multiple paragraphs)
1. Description and positive effects of three types of ADHD medications: Vyvanse, Adderall, and Concerta.
2. A brief description of a number of minor side effects.
3. A brief description of a few more techniques used to treat ADHD symptoms.