Sunday, September 11, 2011

Plagiarism and Citing


This week’s readings mainly talked about plagiarism. Plagiarism is the unauthorized use of information or an author’s ideas, thoughts, or wording without citation of where you got the information from. I’ve been taught throughout my years not to ever use information or ideas without citing my source. It can be a hassle sometimes, but the penalties for plagiarizing are hefty when you could just cite the source. Plagiarism is against the law and is not taken lightly anywhere these days. The readings didn’t just talk about plagiarism; it also explained the ways to cite sources so you don’t have to worry about plagiarizing information. I haven’t really memorized all the ways to cite each type of source, but if I don’t know how to cite something I just go to easybib.com. It makes citing sources easy because you can just put the important information in and it’ll put it in the right format. Just know to never plagiarize…cite your sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment